Monday, December 8, 2008

Painting, Murals, Santa Claus

This past weekend I got the base coat on the walls for the nursery. We did it in a very light and bright green. Our plan is to do an animal jungle mural on the walls. Before we painted, I penciled trees and some animals on the walls, using the pattern that we've picked out for some bed stuff. It was meant as a proof-of-concept, and it worked. So now that its painted, sometime this week I'll get in there and use some painters tape to scope out where I'll put stuff, then I'll do some penciling, then some painting. Hopefully it will work out.

Our latest cart-before-the-horse episode is from today. Krissi and I often approach things from very different perspectives. I am often coldly logical, while she is often emotional and touchy/feely. So we have been chatting about Santa Claus. I say chatting - what I mean is that I told Krissi, "So I don't think that we should affirm Santa Claus to our kid." And she responded "I think that every kid deserves to have the joy of Santa Claus." Its still pretty hotly contested.

No comments: